In this LinguaCore course, taught by Luca Lampariello, you will given the tools and strategies that you will need to approach learning 2 languages.
The course begins with a focus on the process behind learning a single language to fluency, and understanding how that process becomes more complex as a second, third, or even fourth language are added to the mix.
Once you understand the advantages and disadvantages of learning multiple languages at the same time, you will learn how to lay the organizational groundwork that will lead you to success; this includes deciding how many languages you will learn, which languages are best learned together, and figuring out a daily learning schedule.
With the foundation in place, you will then be lead through three real case scenarios, which you can use as models to guide your own learning.
These scenarios include:
- Starting to learn two new languages at the same time
- Starting one new language while improving a previously learned language
- Learning a new language through a previously learned one
The course is broken down into 13 Modules:
- Intro – How to Learn 2 Languages at Once – An introduction to the course and its contents.
- Reasons for Learning – Decide why you need to learn multiple languages, and which reasons will create the most long-term motivation.
- My Language Path – Learn how the demands of the language learning process change as you approach fluency.
- Language Systems: Distance and Closeness – Learn how the relationships between languages can influence how easily they are learned in tandem.
- Making the Time – Learn how proper scheduling can benefit your learning in the short- and long-term.
- Choosing Languages – Decide which languages you will learn in order to maximize positive “transfer” and minimize negative “transfer.”
- How Many Languages at the Same Time? – Learn why two is the maximum number of languages recommended for simultaneous study.
- Learning 2 New Languages from the Beginning – Learn how to structure learning two new languages at once.
- Learning 2 New Languages from the Beginning: Real Case Scenarios – Observe example schedules of learners studying two new languages at once.
- Learning a New Language While Improving Another – Learn how to structure learning one new language while improving a previously learned language.
- Learning a New Language While Improving Another: Real Case Scenarios – Observe example schedules of learners studying one new language and one previous one.
- Learning a Foreign Language Through Another Foreign Language – Learn how to use a previously learned language to help you begin study of a new language.
- Wrap-up: How to Learn 2 Languages at Once – A review and wrap-up of the course content.
Among these modules are 6 Action Steps that will help you implement the course content into your own learning.
The course also comes with extra material, including:
- The LinguaCore Language Matcher – Determine the distance and closeness between languages.
- The LinguaCore Weekly Planner – Organize your weekly learning time using half-hour time blocks.
- The Enjoyment vs. Challenge Table – Determine your high-yield learning activities by examining how enjoyable and/or challenging they are.
- LinguaCore Glossary – Downloadable PDF – Review all specialized terms and vocabulary used in the course.
- Bibliography – Review the works cited in the course.