In this LinguaCore course, taught by Luca Lampariello, you will learn various tips, techniques, and strategies for improving your spoken English skills.
The Improve Your Spoken English course is a video- and text-based learning experience. Each video module is presented to you by an on-screen moderator, and all concepts are explained via easy-to-understand slides, texts, and graphics.
The entire Improve Your Spoken English course is presented in slow, clear English, with full subtitles, so you’ll be able to practice your English reading and listening comprehension as you go through each module and action step.
The course is broken down into 20 Modules:
- Intro – Improve Your Spoken English – An introduction to the course and its contents.
- The Concept of Fluency – Learn to define and build fluency in a useful and meaningful way, while dispelling common myths and misconceptions.
- How to Build Your Confidence When Speaking English – Identify the most common reasons behind your fear of speaking English with natives, and learn how to overcome them progressively.
- How to Improve Your Listening Comprehension – Improve your listening comprehension skills with the aid of extensive listening, context, and asking the right questions.
- From Ideas to Words – How to Construct Sentences in English – Learn a simple, 5-step method for building coherent, grammatically-correct English sentences.
- Linking Sentences Together – Connectors – Learn to combine smaller sentences and create longer sentences through the use of words and phrases that link ideas together.
- How to Improve Your Conversation Flow – Learn strategies for eliminating gaps, pauses, and other hesitations in your English speech.
- Getting Feedback – Enlist the help of a friendly native speaker to help you eliminate or minimize your English mistakes.
- Discussing Topics – Learn to give a short speech or monologue on a specific topic.
- Telling Stories – Learn how to create and communicate a compelling personal story.
- Other Key Elements of Communication – Learn how tone, posture, and body language affect spoken communication.
- 10 Most Common Mistakes in English – Identify and correct five of the most common errors in spoken English.
- 10 Most Common Mistakes in English – Part 2 – Identify and correct five more of the most common errors in spoken English.
- Understanding Culture Through English – Learn to fit in and avoid cultural faux-pas by observing important customs in the English-speaking world.
- How to Cope with Different English Accents – Select the variety of English accent that is most useful to you, and use it consistently.
- How to Interact with Other Non-Native English Speakers – Learn how to successfully engage with non-native English speakers from a wide variety of personal backgrounds and skill levels.
- Speaking to Yourself – Learn the benefits of speaking English to yourself, and implement the practice into your daily learning routine.
- Why Good Pronunciation is Important – Identify the factors that influence the quality of your English pronunciation.
- Some Extra Tips About Prepositions in English – Learn strategies for understanding English prepositions and using them properly in your own speech.
- Final Wrap Up and How to Organize Your Activities – Implement what you’ve learned from this course into your daily and weekly learning schedules.
Among these modules are 14 Action Steps. These steps comprise the fully interactive part of the course—where you get to use what you’ve learned into the module and apply it directly with the goal of improving your own spoken English skills.
The course also comes with extra material, including:
- 3 Authentic English Dialogues – Audio of conversations between English speakers — for beginner, intermediate, and advanced learners.
- 3 Descriptive Texts – Audio of descriptive texts read aloud by a native English speaker — for beginner, intermediate, and advanced learners.
- List of Connectors – Downloadable PDF – Connect and combine ideas using these high-frequency connectors.
- 5 Examples of Simplification & Expansion + Solutions – Learn to simplify and expand English sentences using these reference models.
- List of Good Fillers – Downloadable PDF – Learn fillers that can help you eliminate unnatural gaps or pauses in your spoken English.
- Example for Building a Speech – Observe how to build a speech in English, starting with a single idea and ending with a final, polished text.
- How to Tell a Story – Downloadable PDF – View an effective structural framework for building effective stories and narratives.
- Expressions & Connectors for Stories – Useful words and phrases to help you develop any story.
- False Friends (for Italian Speakers) – Downloadable PDF – Identify the most common “false cognates” between English and Italians
- Intonation Tools – How to identify the intonation patterns of a spoken English text — with examples and solutions.
- The LinguaCore Weekly Planner – Organize your weekly learning time using half-hour time blocks. Example planner included.
- List of British and Australian TV series – Discover popular English-language television series to practice listening comprehension and natural speech patterns.